Irix > Installation/Update

Woher bekomme ich ich ein Update?

<< < (2/3) > >>

koxbox:
Kann es sein das ich mich da bei SGI registrieren muss um das .17 update zu downloaden?? irgendwas muss mann da ja warscheinlich erfüllen!!!

gruß

koxbox:
ja also wenn dann doch gleich die .18 ... oder?? ja ich denke schon  :)

thx ------ gruß

roosmcd:
 Downloading via supportfolio is something for patient people; I was only able to get 20KB/s maximum and when it finished the downloaded file was corrupt...

Just do a search for "irix6.5.16m.tar.gz" on google and you'll find a site in the UK (leeds.sgi.ac.uk?) from which I was able to get 140KB/s. This one is also outside supportfolio and you can probably guess what that means....

However since upgrading to .16 the software for my Indigo2video won't work anymore... The video base software is not compatible with the irix base software or something like that :(.

msunix:
Hi roosmcd!

No, the Download from patches.sgi.com (where supportfolio links) is _very_ fast for me. I've got all five parts fom 6.5.18f within 3 hours, always more than 200kB/sek. This was at my office, on a internet-connection over multiple E3-lines.

"However since upgrading to .17 the software for my Indigo2video won't work anymore... The video base software is not compatible with the irix base"

Have you upgraded the video-drivers with the drivers in the 'unbundled'-directory on CD 3 too?

Cheers,
  Michael

roosmcd:
 The unbundled directory only has overlays, it still needs the base software for Indigo2video. I had the base software installed, but while installing .16 the installer said this indigo2video base software was not compatible. So I removed the Indigo2video base software, thinking I could install it overnew from the unbundled directory...

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln