Autor Thema: Woher bekomme ich ich ein Update?  (Gelesen 5763 mal)

newtosgi

• Gast
Woher bekomme ich ich ein Update?
« am: 02. Dezember 2002, 20:38:09 »
Ich habe auf meiner Indigo2 Irix 6.5.15m. Ich wollte mich mal nach dem letzten freien Update auf 6.5.17m umsehen, konnte es aber nicht auf der SGI Seite finden. ( Mit SurfZone Account )
Ist dieses Update noch bei SGI zu bekommen, nachdem 6.5.18 draußen ist, und wo finde ich es?

Danke
 Nils

mood-indigo.org - Das unabhängige Silicon Graphics User Forum

Woher bekomme ich ich ein Update?
« am: 02. Dezember 2002, 20:38:09 »

newtosgi

• Gast
Re: Woher bekomme ich ich ein Update?
« Antwort #1 am: 03. Dezember 2002, 04:45:34 »
Habe es gefunden. Danke

koxbox

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Dezember 2002, 19:22:48 »
hallo,

hätte auch gerne das update... kannst das mal näher beschreiben wo ich es genau finde... ich sehe unter dem oben angegeben link k ;Dein update...  wie groß ist das update??

koxbox

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Dezember 2002, 22:51:44 »
danke dir... ich war gearde eben mal schnell dort... also so ein paar sachen haben so ein schloss... wenn ich die anklicke öffnet sich nur so ne seite... kann da nur die 6.5.16 downloaden.... ist das normal ??

koxbox

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 24. Dezember 2002, 23:00:03 »
ja und welches von den beiden 6.5.16 versionen soll ich downloaden... Feature Release oder Maintenance Release ??
das sind ja beide mahle mehr als 1gig... ist das denn nun ein update oder ist gleich ne ganze vollversion ??

koxbox

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 24. Dezember 2002, 23:07:10 »
Kann es sein das ich mich da bei SGI registrieren muss um das .17 update zu downloaden?? irgendwas muss mann da ja warscheinlich erfüllen!!!

gruß

koxbox

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 24. Dezember 2002, 23:25:12 »
ja also wenn dann doch gleich die .18 ... oder?? ja ich denke schon  :)

thx ------ gruß

roosmcd

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 25. Dezember 2002, 17:00:31 »
 Downloading via supportfolio is something for patient people; I was only able to get 20KB/s maximum and when it finished the downloaded file was corrupt...

Just do a search for "irix6.5.16m.tar.gz" on google and you'll find a site in the UK (leeds.sgi.ac.uk?) from which I was able to get 140KB/s. This one is also outside supportfolio and you can probably guess what that means....

However since upgrading to .16 the software for my Indigo2video won't work anymore... The video base software is not compatible with the irix base software or something like that :(.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Dezember 2002, 18:30:43 von roosmcd »

msunix

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 25. Dezember 2002, 17:17:13 »
Hi roosmcd!

No, the Download from patches.sgi.com (where supportfolio links) is _very_ fast for me. I've got all five parts fom 6.5.18f within 3 hours, always more than 200kB/sek. This was at my office, on a internet-connection over multiple E3-lines.

"However since upgrading to .17 the software for my Indigo2video won't work anymore... The video base software is not compatible with the irix base"

Have you upgraded the video-drivers with the drivers in the 'unbundled'-directory on CD 3 too?

Cheers,
  Michael

roosmcd

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 25. Dezember 2002, 18:30:29 »
 The unbundled directory only has overlays, it still needs the base software for Indigo2video. I had the base software installed, but while installing .16 the installer said this indigo2video base software was not compatible. So I removed the Indigo2video base software, thinking I could install it overnew from the unbundled directory...

msunix

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 25. Dezember 2002, 22:48:21 »
... this was a mistake...  8)

Unfortunately the download-site for the video drivers was removed from the sgi site last year. But you can use WebArchive.org to find a older snapshot of this site.
This link should work bring you to the download-site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010803005016/http://www-support.sgi.de/DERSUPPORT/treiber/

If the download doesn't work for you i could send it via eMail.
To install you have to open the unbundled-directory of your actual overlay-distribution too,

Cheers,
  Michael

roosmcd

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 26. Dezember 2002, 02:24:39 »
 I already have these drivers from the unbundled directory, but they are just not compatible with my eoe.base.sw after I've upgraded to .16 (I think that was the name; base execution environment for irix). The solution was just ignoring the conflicts; I installed the software despite the conflicts. This works now and I don't see any more conflicts in swmgr, so I guess it was some problem with irix itself.

rob_gester

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 26. Dezember 2002, 03:36:45 »
@roosmcd
have u installed from software manager or from prom window? in case u used sm: how did u manage to ignore the conflicts? i fear i have a similar situation with some different software.
thnx in advance,
rob

roosmcd

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 27. Dezember 2002, 03:08:28 »
 I don't think this is possible via the software manager or at least I didn't see any other ways to resolve conflicts in the software manager than to load other software or remove the conflicting software.

If you're using "inst" on a terminal you can type "keep conflicting" and it will install the software despite the conflicts.
But then it's ofcourse not guaranteed that the software will work. Good luck!

rob_gester

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 27. Dezember 2002, 03:16:44 »
@roosmcd
i know how 2 omit conflicts in a prom window. i just wondered if u'd tried 2 install it in that other way (sm).
thnx 4 your reply and have a happy new year :)
rob
« Letzte Änderung: 02. Januar 2003, 18:38:42 von rob_gester »